Jenster's Musings

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Divine Bovines and the Weather

HOLY COW!


I have been overwhelmed by the comments, emails and real life conversations I've had since my last post. Writing it all out helped me see things a bit more clearly and realize that yes, this funk has gone on much too long. I've been in funks before but always managed to pull myself out of it. Not this time, though, so tomorrow I'll go see my internist and tell her all about how I've been feeling - or not feeling as the case may be - and go from there.

There's a tremendous relief that comes with finally making this decision. Though why do I feel as though this is a sign of weakness? I think I have some pride issues going on. I don't see depression as a weakness in others. Why should it be that way for me? Just one more thing I need to get over.

Do you think if she puts me on a mild antidepressant I'll all of a sudden have the desire and energy to clean my home from top to bottom, eat only healthy food and crave exercise?

***

Several weeks ago I made the 32-And-Below rule. The 32-And-Below rule says that I will only drive the kids to the bus stop and let them sit in the warm car if it's 32 degrees or colder. Last week they were a bit bummed because it was above freezing. The last several mornings, however, have been in the low 20's. I told Todd, "Man! I should have said single digits only!" Too late for that now, though.

Saturday night Taylor and his friend went camping. I told him it was going to be really cold that night and asked if he packed appropriately. "Yeah, Mom. I'm good." Short of going through his bag I had to take him at his word.

Nick dropped him off Sunday morning and he told us how he nearly froze to death the night before. Nick had a warm quilted sleeping bag and wool socks. Taylor had his regular nylon sleeping bag and cotton socks. He slept with his hoodie on and the hood tied down around his face as far as it would go.
You know, I hate to say, "I told you so." Oh, who am I kidding? I LOVE to say, "I told you so." Maybe next time he'll listen to his mama!
Yeah. Mother of the Year is now officially a distant dream.

Labels: , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 8:36 PM :: 3 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------