Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Perfect Year End Letter - And Not So Much

A friend of mine took my idea for the Perfect Christmas Letter and ran with it. I asked her tonight if I could post it on my blog and she gave me her permission. So I give you the Perfect Christmas Letter by Ruth S.

PERFECT: faultless, without defect, of the best, highest or completest type

I just want you to know that in spite of what you may have heard, I have the perfect life. I have a perfect home in a perfect neighborhood, with a perfect job, perfect health and perfect hobbies. I perfectly balance all of my resources so that I can be a perfect example of wholeness and good health. I attend a perfect church and have developed a perfect balance of strengths and vulnerabilities in my relationships.

My children, each one of them in creative and wonderful ways are perfect. They all live in perfect locations, have perfect jobs, have all made perfect choices this past year, and are on perfect paths towards their perfect careers, relationships and opportunities. They, too, have perfect friends, hobbies, interests and have spent every perfect moment in perfecting their purposes. Each is perfect in intellect, good humor and good looks. And oh yes, we also have the perfect pets.

I am so blessed to live in a perfect country, where we have perfect government, perfect infrastructure, perfect international relations and perfect priorities. We have the perfect climate and weather, perfect health care, perfect public services and always perfectly reported news. We are surrounded by a perfectly amazing smorgasbord of perfect entertainment and recreational opportunities. Our natural and manufactured resources perfectly match our needs, and every worker and producer is perfectly rewarded for their perfect products, accomplishments and services.

I certainly do have perfect grandchildren! Without a doubt they are a perfect combination of beauty, intelligence,love, curiosity, joy and amazement.

Although most of the above is fiction (except the perfect grandchildren) I am so thankful that because of the perfect gift God sent in Jesus we really can have perfect grace, perfect mercy, perfect sacrifice, perfect forgiveness and perfect PEACE! Our lives may be full of imperfections, but because of the amazing gift that we have been given at Christmas, God really does see us as perfectly redeemed and sanctified. May your holidays be full of appreciation and celebration of this humbling and incredible wonder.

BLESSINGS TO EACH AND ALL OF YOU!

One of the best letters I've ever read! Thanks, Ruth!

And thanks to Tara for directing me to this very funny video from the Jay Leno show. It made her think of my letter. :o)



Aloha, fungi!

Mused by Jenster :: 10:20 PM :: 5 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------