Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Preparing for a new school

I have been trying to get the kids registered for their new schools for what seems like an eternity. I don't know if it's the district or the state, but they required physical exams before we could start with the paperwork.

They finally both had their physicals, I got all the paperwork together and we went to the district office to register them both. If it weren't for the fact that I didn't have to take out a loan for this, it would have been as painful as closing on a new house.

I was told the schools would have the paperwork the following week. They didn't. School starts next Monday, the 28th, and it was only yesterday that my daughter's school got her in the system. My son, however, will be going into the 9th grade - highschool. He has yet to meet with the guidance counselor to chose his classes. This is Wednesday. Supposedly he'll meet with the counselor tomorrow morning, but I'll believe it when I see it.

He, of course, keeps trying to make me feel better by saying he doesn't really have to go to school. But I keep telling him, yes, he does. Not only is it a law, but it's crucial to my sanity - precarious as that quality is.

Today we're going shopping for that prized first day of school outfit and backpacks. Hopefully the boy will have a place to wear stated new outfit on Monday.

UPDATE We officially have an appointment tomorrow morning with the guidance counselor at the highschool. Looks like DS will be going to school after all. WOO HOO!!!!!

If I don't post on Monday don't assume something is wrong. I will be celebrating my solitude. :o)

Mused by Jenster :: 10:32 AM :: 2 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------