Jenster's Musings

Sunday, July 27, 2008

ALOHA!!

We're back on the mainland and I have made an astounding, life changing discovery. Fat arms look much better with a tan.

I have so much to tell you and tons of pictures -

I'm going to make a slide show and it will be like when you go to visit your Uncle Herman and Aunt Edwina and are forced to sit through their vacation slides on the faded and torn screen with the wobbly stand. Except I don't have any pictures of an old hairy man in a Speedo. But I digress.

That will all have to wait, though. I'm still dealing with major jet lag and am a little numb in the head. More than usual. Today I will share the insignificant things I remember.

I packed 11 books. Todd was displeased, but not stupid. He never once suggested I leave some of them here. We had to shift them around to other pieces of luggage so mine came in under 50 pounds. I only read half of them, but it was nice to have the different options available to me.

As the plane took off from Philly Todd asked where my compression sleeve was. Crikey! I totally forgot it and prayed the entire way there and back I wouldn't end up with lymphedema. I don't know if it was my imagination or reality, but I swear I could feel the change in the cabin pressure in my arm. Sort of a slightly painful tension and tingling. But I'm extremely pleased (and not just a little relieved) to report my left arm is no larger than my right arm.

We were greeted at the airport by my friend, Cigi, and her youngest daughter. They lavished us with gifts and beautiful leis that made our hotel room smell heavenly. She gave me the first "In Death" book by J.D. Robb - I've been avoiding this series for years because there are so many books - and a Harlan Coben book for Todd. Beach bags, t-shirts, sunscreen, a plethora of macadamia nuts... She really knows how to make a family feel welcome!

There was much we missed out on due to: A) Lack of time; B) Lack of planning; and/or C) lack of funds, however, we had a great and relaxing time. Todd just has to take me back, that's all. I'm going to start sending postcards to LIVE! With Regis and Kelly and try to win a trip to Turtle Bay. I think it's a solid plan.

We missed Sookie something fierce. Every bird, every dolphin, every animal - alive or stuffed - and even Taylor when he huffed just right reminded us of her. We still haven't seen her and won't get to until tomorrow evening. *sigh*

This past Friday afternoon we arrived at the Kona Airport around 1:30 p.m. or so. After a three hour wait we boarded a plane for Honolulu. We hung out there for quite some time and finally caught our plane to Salt Lake City at 9:30 p.m. Hawaii time and landed around 7:30 a.m. Mountain Time. I spent most of that flight playing poker on the in-flight game system which meant I was bone tired when we landed. Katie came off the plane talking. And talking. And talking some more. We found our next gate, sat down to wait and she was still talking. Todd and Taylor had that glazed look and I reached my breaking point. I turned to her while she was telling us something about school and a teacher and some kid and a book and raising fat babies in the sun or some such thing and snapped, "How can you be talking so much!?" All three of them looked at me like I'd pulled the pin from a grenade or something. "I'm serious! Where are the words coming from? I can't even think coherently right now, let alone talk. You make me tired!" And then we all started laughing, almost hysterically so. But it didn't keep her from finishing her story and several others.

And that is where I'll leave things so I can download my pictures. Until next time...

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 4:43 PM :: 11 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------