Jenster's Musings

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Schedules, Injections and Cookies

We met with the guidance counselor at the 9th grade center this morning and Taylor is now officially registered. He is required to take a foreign language and they offer Spanish, French and German. The counselor told him Spanish would be the easiest and German the hardest. So Taylor chose German. I used the one German phrase I know on him. "Sie sind verrückt, mein Kind" Or "You are crazy, my child."

After school business I had an appointment with my oncologist for an injection. But first we went to Trader Joe's and got some lunch. I really like Trader Joe's. We had it on the West Coast, but not in the South.
So I've posted a picture of Trader Joe's for those of you who have never seen one.

It's just a grocery store - a health store really. The clerks wear Aloha shirts and the men's and women's restrooms are designated by either a blue or pink life saver (the floatation device, not the candy).

Then it was off to the doctor's. Unfortunately for the kids, they had to sit in the very small waiting room while I was being weighed, poked, prodded and then poked again. The walls are fairly thin and I think I heard giggling at one point, but nobody screamed and things looked exactly the same when I came back out.

I received the last of six injections - actually implantations of a pill under the skin on my belly. It's not a pleasant thing, but the worst part about it is that the medicine makes me retain water and gives me the munchies. Sadly, I had gained four pounds since the last time I was in there.

So we left the office and drove straight to Hope's Cookies. They're not just any cookies. They are divine. I personally enjoy the White Russian cookie, which is rather ironic when you consider my oncologist is also a White Russian.

I felt compelled to post a photo of the new cows they have. It used to be one dingy cow. Now it's a bright, shiny mother cow and her bright, shiny calf.

They also have ice cream and Katie and I actually had ice cream sandwiches - you choose the cookies and the ice cream. YUM!

On the way home we stopped off at the King of Prussia mall. Supposedly it's the second largest mall in the states, bested only by the Mall of America. All I know is that it's like going to Disneyland. You need good walking shoes, a lot of time and a whole lot of cash - none of which I possessed today.

Now I'm tired and I have a slight headache, most likely because I forgot to consume any caffeine today. With such a busy day, what was I thinking??

Mused by Jenster :: 7:06 PM :: 5 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------