Jenster's Musings

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Ah, Sweet Mystery of Life

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you all have seen Young Frankenstein. If you haven't, you should. It's one of the funniest movies ever and only gets better each time you watch it.

Remember the part when Madeline Kahn, delirious in the afterglow of her tryst with the monster, sings "Ah, Sweet Mystery of Life"? That's exactly how I feel at this very moment. (No! Not for the same reason!)

I am overcome with joy, bliss, ecstasy, rapture, euphoria and every other word that means the same thing. This feeling of complete gladness has only ever been superseded by a very few events in my life - my wedding day and the birth of my children.

"What," you may ask, "is worth this fervor?" I'll tell you! Not only do we now have a Target, an A.C. Moore craft shop and a grocery store near by, we have a --

**let me savor this moment and wipe away that rogue tear of utter emotion - *sniff***

-- A Starbucks! Yes. You read it correctly. We now have a Starbucks within a couple miles of the house. So with this wondrous occasion in mind I have posted the words to the song, with a few little changes:

Ah! Sweet mystery of life, at last I've found thee;
Ah! I know at last the secret of it all;
All the longing, striving, seeking, waiting, yearning,
The burning hopes, the joys and idle tears that fall!

For 'tis a Starbucks' White Chocolate Mocha, and a Starbucks' White Chocolate Mocha alone, the world is seeking;
And it's a Starbucks' White Chocolate Mocha, and a Starbucks' White Chocolate Mocha alone, that can repay;
'Tis the answer, 'tis the end and all of living,
For it is a Starbucks' White Chocolate Mocha alone that rules for aye!


To celebrate the grand opening I am currently drinking a -- you guessed it --
White Chocolate Mocha. Venti. With real cream. And double whip on top. Accompanied by their very delicious original coffee cake. Good thing I decided to stop dieting!

Mused by Jenster :: 1:36 PM :: 6 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------