Jenster's Musings

Monday, September 25, 2006

No Time for Blogging

We had a great weekend. Lots of good stuff going on. Much to tell. But I don't have time write much so I'll give you the Reader's Digest Condensed Version.

Saturday evening was a neighborhood block party. There's only one way in and out of the subdivision so we blocked off one of the streets in the back and had tents with food, drinks, trinkets for kids, etc., and XM radio playing classic rock and 80's hits on speakers borrowed from a local DJ. Other than all the bikes and scooters racing around, it was very reminiscent of a highschool party. We met a lot of very nice people and I think we're going to really like living here. It's kind of like Wisteria Lane. Except without the perfect bodies. Or hot lawn boys. No real drama going on either. Haven't heard about any murders. Or arson. Okay. So maybe it's not like Wisteria Lane.

Sunday afternoon Taylor was baptized. That was an exciting thing for us because it's something he's been thinking about and praying about for several years now. Finally he felt the time was right so he took the plunge. Literally and figuratively. Todd baptized Katie in May and was privileged to do the same for Taylor yesterday. Our church just moved from a movie theater into an actual building, but it doesn't have a baptistry yet so Taylor and a few others were baptized in a jacuzzi. A 92 degree jacuzzi. They did turn off the jets before the baptism just because that would have been a little weird, doncha think?

Then last night he had his debut as a rock star. Well, he played his electric bass for the youth group band. It was so much fun! I was grinning like such an idiot, watching him up on the stage, rocking out. Awesome! His particular band plays once a month and I can hardly wait until October!

I probably won't be blogging much in the next week or so. My very dear friend, Beth, is coming to visit on Wednesday and I'm trying to get the house in some sort of order before she gets here. I also have a lot of running around to do because, even though I'll be here, I won't be here. Know what I mean? Of course, Beth and I are going to New York City on Thursday and coming home on Friday. Then a few more days of playing before she flies back home to Arkansas.

Also, I owe you all a chocolate chip cookie dough recipe and a book review on "The Devil's Delilah". I'll try to get that done tomorrow.

Mused by Jenster :: 8:08 AM :: 8 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------