Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Scary Signs and Wawa

SCARY SIGNS

I have now lived in the Northeast for three months. While I would have been perfectly happy to live out my days in the south, I do love it here.
It's beautiful country and the scads of American history is fascinating. But I keep hearing, "Just wait until winter."

I was able to ignore that much repeated statement until I saw this sign. I have to admit - it's kind of freaking me out. I keep thinking of that movie "Storm of the Century" and wonder if this "Snow Emergency Route" is some sort of Noreaster precaution. Really. Does anybody know? What the heck does it mean???

I'm sure those of you who have lived in places where it starts snowing in September and the kids are still skiing come Memorial Day are laughing at me. That's fine. Laugh away. I'm a Southern California girl who thought the mild Arkansas winters were cold.

WAWA

This next part is for my friend, Beth. She thinks the name "Wawa" is funny. And it is. It took me a while to be able to say, "I'm going to Wawa for a hoagie.
You want one?" with a straight face. But it's truly one of my favorite places to go. Not only is it the best place to buy gas around here, the sandwiches and coffee selections are great. She's coming up in a few weeks and we'll be making Wawa one of our first stops.

I wish I was smart enough to play the radio commercials for Wawa. They're extremely funny. But since I'm not that computer savvy, you'll have to take my word for it. Do any of you have a Wawa near you and know the commercials I'm talking about? With the Wawa pedal that makes everything better? Definitely snort-worthy ads.

By the way - I had a ton of errands to run today. Guess what I had for lunch? A Venti White Chocolate Mocha (capitalized to show the reverence it deserves) from Starbucks in a fantabulous Barnes & Noble and a jumbo box of Goobers!!

Mused by Jenster :: 3:12 PM :: 15 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------