Jenster's Musings

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

I saw the dermatologist today. The one I called a quack because he didn't pick up I had shingles. Except for that the medicine should have just about cleared me up by now and I'm just as diseased as I was last week. So I went to see him.

He's fairly certain I don't have a virus, though he learned a long time ago to never say never. Generally, however, viruses only last a couple of weeks and I've had these lesions for over seven. But he took a fluid sample from one the more "ripe" blisters. He also took two more biopsies - one of a blister and one of the skin next to a blister.

The original pathology pointed to a blistering dermatitis and requires more testing to narrow it down. Because I presented as such a pathetic loser, he put a rush on the pathology so hopefully we'll know by Thursday exactly what I have and can treat it accordingly. In the meantime I'm to keep up with the shingles medicine just in case.

This affliction has become my thorn in the flesh. Between the move and settling and adjusting and surgery, etc., I had shifted my focus away from God and onto anything and everything else. Why I did is beyond me. Even in the midst of the darkest period of my life I had a peace and a joy and a hope that I've not felt lately. And I've no one to blame but myself. So as frustrated as I've gotten with this uncomfortable plight, much more good than harm has come of it.

I also went today for my first weigh in at Weight Watchers. I didn't budge an ounce. Let's just say for illustration purposes that I weighed 115.5 last week. I weighed 115.5 this week as well. I tried not to be disappointed, but I was. I'm hoping I'll make up for it next week and lose like 15 pounds! Or five. Or even two. I'm really not so hard to please. Give me half a pound, please!

I've been in such a blah mood today that I didn't even call my mom to tell her about my appointment. I'm sure I'd start crying as soon as I heard her voice. So Mom, if you're reading this, that's the deal. I'll call you tomorrow when I'm in a better place. :o)

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 8:12 PM :: 14 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------