Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What's Going On

This is just a quick update on things

Blisters/Rash - The steroid cream helps to dry them up, but it doesn't keep new ones from popping up. I'm very tired of this. My winking pirate now looks like a diseased pirate who lost the tavern brawl. If you don't know what my winking pirate is I'll have to explain it in a later blog. For those of you with dirty minds, it's not dirty. Anyhoo, I see the dermatologist next Tuesday, at which time I'll get these annoying stitches removed. I'm starting to wonder if I have some strange virus or something since they keep popping up. They have to be gone by June. I can't go to Hawaii all pock-riddled. I just can't!

Girly Issues - I have no idea what's going on here. My gynecologist finally got a hold of my oncologist who told her that I only need to have my ovaries removed if I'm positive for the BRCA gene. WHAT??? First of all, I've never been tested for the gene. Don't really care to be as that information won't do me any good and will either give Katie a false sense of security or a fear of something that may never happen. Second of all, HE'S the one that said I should have my ovaries removed. My gynecologist doesn't think I actually had periods. She thinks they were just "episodes of bleeding due to changes in the uterine lining from the Tamoxifen". Hogwash. I have no doubt that they were periods and that I was producing estrogen - my enemy. *sigh* I think the oncologist had me confused with someone else when he was talking to the gynecologist. I have a checkup with him tomorrow afternoon and I really hope to get this all settled at that time.

All these ologists are driving me nuts!

Weight Watchers - So far so good! A whole day and no mess ups! Wonder how much weight I've lost so far? LOL I haven't been hungry today at all so that's good. The only problem is all the peeing I have to do from all the water I'm drinking. I wonder if I can count running to the bathroom as exercise.

New Car - We've named her Sally. I love Sally. (Bessie who?) She's just plain fun. I'm anxious for a real road trip. In fact, I'm excited about my trip to the doctor tomorrow. Not the actual appointment, but the drive there and back. If only I could have a White Chocolate Mocha to complete the experience.

Labels: , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 9:36 PM :: 6 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------