Jenster's Musings

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Just Some Stuff

Today is my parents' 54th Wedding Anniversary. It's hard to believe it was four years ago that my sisters and I had a 50th Anniversary reception for them. I'm pretty sure it's even harder for them to believe they've been married for more than half a century. I can't imagine what it must be like to live with someone for that long! LOL (pssst - Dad - I think 55 years is the emerald year so you may want to start thinking about some pretty emerald earrings to go with mom's eyes)

Today is also Take Our Daughters and Sons To Work day. So Katie went to work with Todd. She was quite excited this morning, even though it meant getting up earlier than usual. I was a little concerned about how long this excitement would last, but I think she's enjoying herself. She's actually done some work with Todd's administrative assistant and now dad and daughter are going out for lunch.

I took the girls, better known as Dixie and Daisy, for their first swim today. It is my great pleasure to report they behaved splendidly. Not once did I worry about a rebellious boob traveling somewhere it shouldn't.

Depending on how you count laps I either swam 5 or 10. I prefer the latter. It sounds much better. But technically I suppose you count one lap when you return to where you started. Seeing as how I'm not very technical I choose to ignore that bit of logic. So yeah. I swam 10 laps. And that was only the breast stroke. I also swam two laps of the back stroke.

I had to rest a lot between laps - it took me 30 minutes to swim the few laps I did - but it felt so good to be swimming. I had a little bit of pain in my abdomen where I pulled the muscle, but even that was a good pain. And the best part was that I didn't itch one iota while swimming. In fact, I'm still not very itchy at all. Hope it'll last.

All in all it's a pretty good day!

Labels: , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 8:46 AM :: 6 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------