Jenster's Musings

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

HAPPY MAY DAY!!!

SOMEBODY PLEASE SHOOT ME

Katie had a softball game on Saturday. Oh. My. Gosh. It was the longest two-and-a-half hours of my life that I'll never get back. This was an away game with another league that has different rules. For example, they don't have a run rule or a time rule. Which meant that we sat there and watched girl after girl walk around the bases. One hour after the game started we were only into the second inning. And if that wasn't bad enough, Katie pulled a muscle in the first inning and spent the rest of the game in the dugout. Todd said watching the t-ballers laying in the dirt and picking daisies on the other field was infinitely more entertaining. I'm thinking watching grass grow would be infinitely more entertaining. Actually, I think I did see grass grow.

To make matters worse, I woke up early Saturday morning with a wicked flare up of the vasculitis. I'd thought it was going away but apparently not. So I was miserable during the endless game and couldn't wait to get home for the anti-itch medication that knocks me out. In hindsight I wish I'd taken the medication before the game.

TAYLOR'S BIRTHDAY

Yesterday was Taylor's 15th birthday. We celebrated by going to the Cheesecake Factory last night. Such a bounty of yumminess. Each of us ended up bringing home a good portion of our dinner and a slice of cheesecake. Guess what we're having for dinner tonight!

We may still have some years left before we can call him a man, but he's certainly not a little boy anymore. There's a huge part of me that misses that little boy. But at the same time I'm thoroughly enjoying the person he's becoming. Most of the time, anyway. He is still a teenager, after all.

APRIL READING

Somehow I managed to read three long novels during the month of April. Some of the best books I've read in quite some time. They are all from the Mark of the Lion trilogy by Francine Rivers. If you're into inspirational historical fiction at all these are a must read. In order they are:



A Voice in the Wind







Echo in the Darkness







As Sure as the Dawn

Labels: , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 10:55 AM :: 13 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------