Jenster's Musings

Friday, November 23, 2007

The Day After

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? Ours was very pleasant. There was no Guitar Hero III and no Live Free or Die Hard, but it was a nice day nonetheless.

Katie and I decided we should eat in the dining room since we eat at the little table for our regular dinners. As you can see, I wasn't exaggerating when I said the table needed to be dusted. Even though we were covering it with a table cloth, I didn't want the little dust particles to scratch the table. So Katie wiped it down and set the table.



Here's the spread - minus the rolls - for the four of us. Ridiculous, no??




This is what was left over.











Can't see much of a difference, can you?









Still, I'm not complaining because it was all delicious, if I do say so myself. Which I do. I actually like cooking a big meal like this. I do not, however, enjoy the cleaning. Then I remember the reason I had kids and the world tips back properly onto its axis.

And here's a picture of my uninhabitable living room. I should probably be going through the boxes today, but I don't see that happening. It's 12:30, I'm still in my jammies, I've been reading and now playing on the computer.



Katie's been on a pancake making kick. And she's pretty darned good at it, too. So this morning she asked if we wanted her to make us pancakes. Todd told her that if we eat pancakes every day it will make our butts bigger. To which I replied, "Very true. That's why I'm having pie with whipped cream for breakfast. So my butt won't get bigger."

And tonight is the hockey game. The Phantoms (Philadelphia's AHL team) versus the Hershey Bears - apparently a big rival. You know what that means (she says while rubbing her hands together in glee)! The probability of fights!!

Labels: , , , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 12:03 PM :: 18 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------