Jenster's Musings

Friday, November 09, 2007

Seven Things About Me

I was tagged by Becky back in October to list seven random things about me. So as not to repeat myself I had to go back and read this post and this post. I'm running out of things to write about me. I could ask Todd, but you can see how well that turned out in this post. Hm. On second thought, he did say some pretty nice things...

But I've been trying to come up with some random things so I'll give it a go.

1. When the hair in a certain spot on the top of my head is pulled it makes me sneeze. Todd used to come up behind me and grab a fistful of hair, trying to make me sneeze. I'm sure he looked like a caveman until I would blow and he would laugh like a little boy.

2. Instead of saying "situation" like a normal person, I have a habit of saying "sitiation" as in, Breaker one-four, breaker one-four. We got us a sitiation. It's open season for Smokey Bear and the chicken coop's full of portable barnyards.

3. About a month before I turned 15 both of my sisters delivered baby boys a couple days of each other. One in Pecos, Texas and the other in Las Cruces, New Mexico, Mom hopped on a Greyhound bus and went south to help with the newborns. When my friends, Cindy and Maureen, and I got home from school one day I was struck with a brilliant idea. Mom was two or three states away, Dad was at work and the keys to the station wagon were sitting on the console in the entry way. So I ran in, grabbed the keys and we jumped in the car for a little joy ride. Very little. Our house was the second from the corner of a moderately busy street. We drove around the half block and when we came back to the house there was a police car facing us on the other side of the intersection. Cindy and Maureen freaked out and jumped to the floor, something I've never understood. I had to pull into the corner house's driveway, back out and then pull in front of our house so Dad wouldn't realize it had been moved. My heart was beating so hard I'm sure my shirt was pulsating, but I got out of the car very calmly, walked up to the house and let myself in. Cindy and Maureen stayed in the car until the police car left. Wimps! Mom and Dad never found out until I was about 18 and told them about it. By that time it didn't seem like such a smart idea anymore.

4. I can whistle extremely loud using my fingers. This talent comes in very handy. It's not very lady like, but it serves a great purpose.

5. I love doing home improvement projects. If I had all the time and most of the money in the world I would buy an old historical home and do most of the fixing up myself. Todd doesn't share my enthusiasm - though he's very good at a lot of stuff - so I usually take on the big projects when he's on a business trip. He's got a couple trips coming up...

6. I can count to 100 in Japanese. If I could remember the number for 100 I would be able to count to 1000. I can also say a few random words in Japanese like toilet and potty. I don't know enough to make a sentence, but at least I can cover the very basics.

7. I worked for a State Farm agent when I was a senior in high school. One of the clients was impressed enough with my phone skills that he offered me a job with a fairly young company he was a VP with. It would require me to move to Phoenix which was fine with me because I love Scottsdale and had imagined me living there for years. But I was still five months away from being 18 when I graduated from school and I already had college plans. The company was Southwest Airlines.

That's all I got right now.

I'm supposed to tag seven more people, but I've lost track of who has and who hasn't done this meme. So instead I'm tagging anyone who would like to do this. Please let me know if you do it!

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 7:17 AM :: 12 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------