Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

8 Facts or Habits

I’ve been tagged by April at For His Glory and My Good and Colorado Writer at Adventures in Writing to list 8 facts/habits about myself. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

I asked Todd for some of my habits and he came up with about a bajillion, none of them favorable. I have an image to maintain, even if it is false, which means I can’t list those.

So without further ado, here are 8 facts about me and/or habits of mine:

1. I would rather scrub toilets than unload the dishwasher. Which is why unloading the dishwasher is a daily chore of a kid in my house.

2. When I took the career test in high school it said I should be either an architect or a cruise director. We lived close to San Pedro where the Princess Cruise Line (Love Boat) departed and I looked into the cruise director thing. I fancied myself a younger version of Julie McCoy. I don’t know if they still do it the same way, but in the early ‘80s the entire staff of the ship, except for the officers and sailors, had to double as the entertainment. The thought of getting up in front of all those people and singing was more than I could bear. Mom and Dad were fairly encouraging, though I think it was because they saw free cruises in their future. I’m sure they were a little disappointed when I didn’t pursue this line of work, but they had the good grace not to let me know.

3. I have Radio Station ADD. That’s when I’m driving in my car, listening to a great song on the radio, but I think there might be a better one on a different station, so I surf all the stations looking for the best song. Typically it was the one I was originally listening to, but when I get back there it’s over.

4. Before I got married I worked for a law firm in Rolling Hills, California. Rolling Hills is a very posh section of Southwest Los Angeles County – beautiful horse farms, mansions on the cliffs overlooking the ocean, etc. The office next to ours was Chuck Norris’ production company pre-Walker, Texas Ranger. Chuck Norris is not a big man, but his body guard/chauffeur is humongous! About the size of a door.

5. Taylor says when I get excited about something I fist my hands and do a quick knuckle clap in front of my chest – I don’t know how to explain it. Maybe if I add “Goody, goody, gumdrop” you can picture it better.

6. I had my tonsils out when I was 17 and I hemorrhaged. They had to put me back under to cauterize the small vessel that was squirting blood into my mouth and down into my stomach. I knew there was something wrong when I started coming to in the recovery room. The nurse kept saying it was normal post-operative bleeding, but when I’d filled my second or third tray with blood she decided to call the doctor. He poked a little vacuum thing down in my throat to see what was going on and I have an extremely sensitive gag reflex. It looked like something out of a horror movie, but I think it served the doctor right for missing that little vein. While it seemed like I’d bled gallons, it wasn’t even enough to make me anemic. It just sounds so dramatic to say I hemorrhaged and I’m all about the drama.

7. Todd says I have a habit of leaving dryer sheets on the floor on his side of the bed, but I don’t think that’s a habit. It’s just something that happens and I have no control over it. Other than to walk around the bed and pick them up, but I never think about it. You know – out of sight, out of mind.

8. When Todd and I were first married – and for a long time after – I had a horrible habit of holding things in. When he would do something that bothered me I’d wonder if it was that big of a deal and not say anything because I didn’t want to make mountains out of molehills. Or I didn’t want to be a nag. So we’d go along peacefully for months and then he’d do something – like eat the pizza I’d been working hard for – and I’d explode like Mount Vesuvius. He’d be totally dumbstruck as I’d be mentioning these totally insignificant incidents and he’d had no idea they had upset me. I still struggle with this sometimes, but I’ve gotten much better. In fact, I’m sure I could be called a nag at times and that’s a good thing!

I tag:

Amy at Random Ramblings
Amanda at Bookwormom
Jenn at Life, Love, Kids
Eileen at A Life of Triggers
Rosie at Nobody Asked Me...
Monnik at Frazzled But Loving It
Jen at Life on the Mountain
SeaSpray at It's a Wonderful Life

You ladies will be forgiven if you choose not to accept this assignment. :o)

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 1:56 PM :: 19 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------