Jenster's Musings

Monday, June 11, 2007

Random Happenings

Did you know that David Hasselhoff is a T.V. giant and one of America's greatest entertainment legends? Me either. But they just said so on America's Got Talent so it must be true.

Last week we received a letter addressed to "The Parents of Katie" letting us know she's going to receive a music award at the assembly on Wednesday. We were very excited and I put the letter up on the refrigerator so we won't forget. Saturday Katie was getting something out of the fridge, read the letter and said, "Um, Mom. Did you read this last bit here?" Apparently I didn't because it said, "Your child doesn't know so please keep this a surprise." I apologized profusely while she just laughed and told me she'd act surprised. So we started doing that part in "Miss Congeniality" where Sandra Bullock is practicing how to act - and I said, "If my mom only had a brain." Of course, if you've never seen the movie you have no idea what I'm talking about. Just believe me when I say it was funny!!

Todd took Taylor to get his hair cut Saturday and I'm more than pleased to say all parties concerned are satisfied. Amazing!

Yesterday Katie and I went to the mall after church to get her a bathing suit. We had so much fun and we didn't even argue over suits or anything! We shopped and walked and laughed and ended up in Fridays for sodas, appetizers and a dessert. It was a blast.

I ran to the grocery store today and as I was pulling some Jell-O ready made pudding off it's little holder thingy I cut the tip of my index finger. I bled all over the place! Well, not really. I did bleed, but I was able to staunch the wound before I passed out or made a mess of the store. And I'm so dedicated to my computer that I'm typing through the pain.

I think this is enough riviting drama for one post. At some point I'll tell you about our experience hosting wine club Saturday night and all the running around I did looking for dishes. It all came off fine, but it was questionable there for a while.

Labels: , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 9:43 PM :: 19 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------