Jenster's Musings

Friday, June 01, 2007

May Reading

I'm sad to say I only read two books in the entire month of May. They were great books, but only two. This is getting frustrating. Before chemo I averaged three to four books a week! Now I just don't have the concentration I did. I'm sure bloghopping has nothing to do with it. Really.

My books were:

Sinful Pleasures by Mary Reed McCall
The Templar's Seduction by Mary Reed McCall

These are books two and three of her Templar Knights trilogy. Mary is a high school teacher and does a lot of research for her books. One of the things I really appreciate about her is that at the end of each book she explains where she may have taken liberties and why. But for the most part her books remain true to what is known.

The series begins in France on Friday, October 13, 1307 - The day King Philip IV of France had the Templars arrested and began an inquisition. The books follow the lives of four Templars and how they escape and what happens to them after. Good stuff, Maynard!!

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 8:20 AM :: 1 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------