Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fantastically Fun Field Trip

Katie's class, along with a couple other 6th grade classes, went on the best field trip I've ever heard of yesterday. They had chartered buses drive them to Penn's Landing in Philly where they got on The Spirit of Philadelphia, seen on the right. On this cruise they had a DJ, a lunch buffet and an open "all you can drink" soda bar.

After sailing the Delaware river in much better style than General Washington, they got back onto the chartered buses "with bathrooms just like on an airplane only bigger. Smellier, too." They took a little historical tour of Philadelphia and then returned to the school in the late afternoon.

When the paperwork for this field trip came home a couple months ago I asked Katie if she wanted me to go or not. I told her she wouldn't hurt my feelings if she didn't want me to go. I would understand. I lied, though she doesn't know that. It hurt my feelings just the teensiest bit when, after thinking for a moment she said, "Well... If there wasn't going to be dancing it would be okay." But more than anything that made me laugh. She was right. I'm sure I would have humiliated her.

I let her take my older digital camera and she promised to protect it with her life. She brought it home in one piece and after downloading the pictures I decided to share my favorite out of the entire bunch. The one picture that to me says, "Philadelphia. You know you want some!"

Labels: , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 12:31 PM :: 17 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------