Jenster's Musings

Saturday, May 12, 2007

She's an Angel

I have a young friend named Krista who has a heart the size of Alaska. She's a college student who is the total embodiment of God's love.

She knew I had hit a bit of a rough spot so she offered to do something with me this past week. We decided we would drive to the nursery on Thursday morning, pick up some flowers and then come back to my house to plant them out front.

Unfortunately, my body had other ideas. I had to call her Thursday morning and cancel our plans. She was, as usual, sweet and understanding and I hung up the phone thinking, "I just love that girl!"

When Katie got home from school that afternoon she came in carrying a bouquet of beautiful tulips and a delicious looking coffee cake. They had anonymously been left on the front porch.

My knowledge of rocket science is limited to the fact that rockets go up, but it didn't take a genius to know where the gifts came from. I sent an email to Krista asking about it and she plead ignorance, but I know better.

As you can tell from the photos, I couldn't cut into the coffee cake fast enough. It was only after I'd cut two pieces (for myself and within a span of about 10 minutes) that I thought to snap a picture. And, as good as it looks, the coffee cake is about a bajillion times even better.

Katie helped me arrange the tulips in the vase and then snagged one as payment for carrying them in the house. Aren't they lovely?

You know, it's commonly thought that older people should be examples to younger people. But I'm telling you, Krista is an incredible example to me! I want to be her when I grow up!!

Labels: , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 11:29 AM :: 15 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------