Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Happy Taylor's Birthday To Me!!

Every October when the girl's birthday is closing in Taylor tells us what he wants for Katie's birthday. So I'm going to tell you what I got for Taylor's birthday!

I was given a sign by God the other day. Not just one sign, but two. First I received an email coupon for 10% off any Barnes and Noble purchase. An hour or so later I received a B&N email about Lynn Kurland's new book, When I Fall in Love. I may ignore one omen, but not two. So I had to order the book. But the problem is you don't get the free shipping unless you order at least $25.00 worth and it was just a paperback. Being the financial sophisticate I am, I ordered:

Not Quite a Lady by Loretta Chase - the fourth Carsington book;

Charming the Prince by Teresa Medeiros - a new author for me;

Surrender to a Wicked Spy and One Night with a Spy by Celeste Bradley. These are part of the Royal Four series. Unfortunately for me, I ordered the wrong book because I already own Surrender. No biggy, though. I'll just take it back to B&N and get the one book of the series I don't have. (Note to self: be sure to check which book you need before going to B&N.)

Anyway, after school on Monday the kids got excited because there were two boxes on the front porch. Taylor was certain it was some kind of present for him. Too bad for him they were my books.

Then yesterday I received an email from Mary Reed McCall, informing me I won an autographed ARC (Advanced Reader Copy for you non-readers) of the third book in The Knights Templar series - The Templar's Seduction. I don't ever remember winning anything before!

I made sure everyone knew last night I had won this book. I whooped every 30 minutes or so just in case they'd forgotten. Finally Taylor said, "You had a really good Taylor's birthday, didn't you?"

I certainly did!!

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 1:40 PM :: 4 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------