Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My Day

Saturday night is our wine club and we're hosting. We don't have enough wine glasses for everyone so I ran into Bed, Bath and Beyond to pick up a case of twelve goblets for $9.99.

It was a gorgeous day - high in the low 70's, low humidity - just the kind of day I like. This is a picture of the sky through my sunroof. Perfect, no?? So I jumped in Sally ("jump" may be a bit misleading, though I think I may have hopped with excitement) and headed for King of Prussia.

There's not much I like better than a car ride on a pretty, warm day with great tunes. Except for a car ride on a pretty, warm day with great tunes and an iced White Chocolate Mocha. So I made a quick detour to Starbuck's and even though I think I got gypped on the whipped cream I'm still glad. Turns out they were doing roadwork on the highway so I had to take a detour. And nothing brings joy to an unexpected alternate route like an iced White Chocolate Mocha.

I had a vague sense of where I was going and meandered over the river and down a very trendy main street, only to find a lovely little park across the street from some beautiful old homes and churches. So I stopped and took pictures.

The park is also home to mammoth squirrels. I thought it was really cool that he posed for me with a nut in his mouth so I could take this picture. But then because I've watched Animal Planet a time or two I realized this was abnormal animal behavior and it sort of freaked me out so I quickly left him alone.

After I left the park I continued on my way and got stuck behind a trash truck. But that was okay because I was able to appreciate and photograph this really cool stairway covered in ivy. Unfortunately I didn't get stuck in quite the right spot. This picture doesn't do the coolness of it justice.

My detour took me through Valley Forge, but I didn't take any pictures there because I've already got a bajillion photos of all the monuments and houses and bunkhouses and wildlife, etc. Though I did look in the rear view mirror for a second and saw the sun shining on my hair through the sunroof. I thought since I'd said it had red highlights I'd get a picture of it and show you.

I did finally make it to Bed, Bath and Beyond and got my case of wine glasses for ten bucks and a really cool indoor/outdoor table cloth. And since they were only doing roadwork in the eastbound lanes my ride home was very uneventful.

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 9:01 PM :: 17 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------