Jenster's Musings

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

8 Things About Me According to Todd

Here it is, the long awaited list from Todd. For those of you who missed his response to my rules - this is what he had to say:

Ok Everyone....I have been putting some serious thought behind this endeavor. It might be a little long; it definitely will not have EVERYTHING that I really want in it due to the blasted RULES. I also have to find someway to keep Jen from editing it to death before posting it....I used to be pretty persuasive if I had the right amount of Peanut M&M's, Coke and the promise of a little something "extra" later...but that does not seem to work anymore....

Stay tuned....I am hoping for late next week.

Todd (aka - DH)
When I saw the email with the attachment from him (he's on a business trip) I was a little frightened. Nobody knows me better and there are a multitude of less than wonderful things he could say about me. And frankly only a handful of pretty good things he could say about me.

But after reading the list I've decided that he is so very biased AND delusional and I wouldn't want him any other way. Heaven forbid the scales ever fall off his eyes!

His words are in orange and any comments I may have are in red. I didn't edit anything he wrote, but there are some places I must defend myself! Without further ado, here ya go.

Here are the 8 things about my lovely, ever so popular, blogger wife

1. She is the strongest person I have ever met and is my Rock.
With all that she has been through with cancer, chemo, reconstruction, the multitude of side-effects from the chemo, putting up with me, putting up with the kids, and many other things…….she has a cast-iron will and intestinal fortitude that I admire greatly. She is, and has always been, my rock and best friend.
We all just do what we have to do. And I feel the same about Todd.

2. She is a very Godly woman and a blessing to others.
Jen’s faith is so very strong, even when she does not think it is. She is always thinking that she is not either spiritual enough or in-touch with God enough when in actuality she is so in touch with God at all times that it is inspiring to me and others. She is always willing, whether she feels good or not, to let God use her to bless others. I will not ever forget when we found out that she had cancer. She sent out an email to her friends to tell them and asked that nobody call or come over. One of her close friends called (Candy) and I answered the phone to hear her crying hysterically. I tried to calm her down a little before I gave the phone to Jen thinking that a hysterical person on the phone was the last thing she needed. Once I got Candy calmed down, I handed Jen the phone and as soon as she started talking I heard Candy crying again. Jen just sat there and talked to her……and said, “It is OK Candy, I am here for you”. Can you believe that…..what a woman!!
And then Candy and I burst out laughing.

3. She is a super wife and mother.
Jen and I are soul-mates……there is no doubt about that. She is also the only one that could even possibly put up with me. She is my sounding board and is not afraid to give me honest answers even when I do not want to hear them. She is a wonderful mother and warm-hearted to the core…….not to say that she cannot work on her sympathy for us when we get sick…that could use a lot of work. I cannot imagine my life without Jen and the kids.
I admit it. I'm very low on the compassion scale.

4. She is ABSOLUTELY Nuts!
As I am sure all of you have been able to tell, Jen is quite humorous, even when it becomes extremely annoying. She seems to be able to find the humor in everything…..and quite often does. You all just get to read about it…..I have to live with her! The “Rules” will not allow me to expand on her craziness, but suffice it to say that I could tell some stories that would have you rolling on the floor. When we were first dating, you could give her a few cans of Coca-Cola and a bag of peanut M&M’s and sit back and enjoy the show. She is very entertaining. By the way, anytime she says, “Surely, I do not know what you are talking about”….what she really means is that she knows EXACTLY what you are talking about. God love her, she is all mine.
I'm sure I don't know what he's talking about.

5. She is a MAJOR procrastinator.
To hear her mom tell it, she is just like her dad. I honestly think her dad gets a bad rap and has for years. Sometimes I call her Scarlet since she will surely get to it tomorrow. Why should she do it today, it will still be there tomorrow…..uuugghhhhh!!!!! For those of you out there that agree with her….please keep it to yourself. There are times when I will see something on the floor that she dropped or left or whatever, and I will just let it sit there to see how long it takes before it gets picked up…..once again the “Rules” do not allow me to tell you the answer!!
I'm sure I don't know what he's talking about.

6. She is an excellent writer with an overactive imagination.
I think my wife is an excellent writer…plain and simple. Writing is something she has always had a love for and for the last few years has actually been working on it. She has written a book or two, but has not quite finished either (please see #5). Writing her Blog has been very helpful to her and I would like to thank all of you out there for the nice things you have said to her over time. She is a really humble person and does not think herself worthy of praise of any kind, but I know that deep down, she really enjoys the comments you all leave. It is my sincere prayer that she gets published someday so that she will be an authentic “Author” which has been a dream for her for sometime now. She has been working on a book about the experience that she has just gone through with cancer and moving to PA which I feel is very therapeutic for her, she just needs to finish it. I know that she is more than capable…..I just need to keep at her to overcome #5.
I'll worry about that tomorrow. JUST KIDDING! There's a lot I could say here, but I'm not going to. He's right, though. I love, love, LOVE all the very kind comments you people leave me.

7. She has a wonderful personality.
It brings me so much pleasure to sit back and watch Jen shine when she is in a group setting. She is so special. She makes people feel good by just being with them. She is a great conversationalist and has a killer smile. I think of some lyrics from Elton John’s song “Tiny Dancer, ….pretty eyes…..pirate smile…she marries a music man….” While I only play acoustic guitar, I kind of am a music man….she does have very pretty eyes and definitely a pirate smile. Simply put, Jen lights up a room when she enters…….and it is a joy to see.
Delusional. But if he wants to think this who am I to argue??

8. She has AWESOME friends.
Jennifer has always been one to have lots of friends. She has old friends and new friends, physical friends and cyber friends…..I am pretty sure that she has imaginary friends as well. As she has been a help to so many of her friends, in her hour of need, they have been there for her to the fullest. You all know who you are and I want to thank each and every one of you. Some I have met, others I have heard A LOT about, but I am thankful for all of you. Thank you for giving her encouragement when she needed it, straight truth when it was required, assistance when the situation called for it, love when she felt lonely, and guidance when she was unsure. From the bottom of my heart…I love each and every one of you!
This one is absolutely, unequivocally true. I have the best friends in the world!!

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 5:50 PM :: 27 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------