Jenster's Musings

Friday, July 20, 2007

Getting Frisky

Contrary to what the title of this post may imply, this is not another conception post. Instead this is a public service broadcast.

I don't think I have to go too far out on a limb to say each and every one of you in some form or fashion have had a brush with breast cancer. The latest statistics are staggering - over 200,000 diagnoses of invasive breast cancer alone in United States last year. My oncologist told me two years ago it was an epidemic.

A person can go crazy trying to figure out what to eat, what not to eat, how much to exercise, etc., to prevent breast cancer. It seems like every time a study comes out saying we should eat such-in-such, two years later they come out and say we shouldn't eat such-in-such. Sheryl Crow says she got breast cancer from drinking bottled water that had heated in her car. Maybe. I would consider that it didn't help any. But to say definitively that's what caused her cancer is irresponsible, in my opinion.

Regardless of whether you only eat organic, never use a microwave, exercise an hour every day and twice on Sunday; you need to be diligent in your breast self exams. And not just the women. Men can get breast cancer as well.

You know how you might know a friend of a friend? Well I know a blogger of a blogger. Mert at Almost Somewhat Positive came up with this:



So not only am I going to put this on my sidebar, I'm going to remind you all to do this very important thing on the 15th of each month. Okay? Okay!

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 6:56 AM :: 17 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------