Jenster's Musings

Sunday, December 30, 2007

STOMP

Friday we left the house around 4:30 and drove into Philly for dinner and to see Stomp. Katie and I enjoyed Ted's Montana Grill so much the previous Sunday we decided to take the entire family there. Everybody had bison except for me. Todd dared Taylor to order his hamburger by saying "tatunka", but Taylor wouldn't do it.

The show was in the Merriam Theater - another beautiful Philadelphia theater, though not as impressive as the Academy of Music.





The show was great. Except for the intoxicated couple behind us. I kept having flashbacks to an Eagle's concert Todd and I went to several years ago when I almost ended up in a fight with a drunk chick. Another story for another time. But imagine. Me. Miss Non-confrontational. That's what I get for trying to rationalize with someone hammered.

Anyway, they talked through the entire show. Todd kept flashing them "the look" and the guy was at least smart enough to realize they were being rude. She, on the other hand, didn't seem to care.

For the most part we were able to enjoy the show since most of it is pretty loud anyway. There are some parts, however, that are very subtle and it was hard to hear with the mouth - which became more and more slurred as the night went on - behind us.

ARGH! There was so much I wanted to say to them, but I know it wouldn't have made any difference. For example, when the show was over and everyone stood up, Todd told them point blank they were rude and something about them being drunk. She said they weren't drunk and I almost turned around and said, "Oh honey. Go with the drunk angle so you at least have an excuse for your disruptive behavior." I also wanted to point out the young children who were more respectful and well behaved then these adults, but it would have been lost on their inebriated selves. So I didn't even look at them.

OH! And she told Todd he couldn't stop looking at her because she was so hot!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I guess they gave us something to talk about. So for all of you who enjoy a drink before a show - and I'm not judging because I had a glass of wine with our dinner - DON'T GO SMASHED BECAUSE YOU WILL MAKE PEOPLE MAD!!

Okay. Back to the show. Todd saw Stomp several years ago in New York City and apparently it's changed a lot since then. The percussion is still as impressive, but they've added more of a humorous element to it. It was truly one of the most entertaining shows I've ever seen. I finally know what I want to do when I grow up. I want to play the trash can.

Labels: , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 4:25 PM :: 17 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------