Jenster's Musings

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Midnight Observations

While I love having more daylight, I hate "springing forward". That lost hour of sleep in the morning and all. Last night I tried to change the time on the clock I got for Christmas and I couldn't figure it out. I pushed this button and that button, but all I managed to change was the alarm time. So I handed it to Todd to let him have a go. After a few minutes he asked where the book was and there was no way I was going to rummage around the files. I told him we'd worry about it later since his clock had been moved forward.

After I plugged it back in he remembered the time can't be changed on this clock because it's linked to the atomic clock in Boulder, Colorado so it changes itself. Very nifty. The only problem was that instead of sleeping I kept glancing at it to see if it changed. Of course it didn't change until 2:00 (or actually 3:00) a.m.

I finally fell asleep, only to be woken by Katie who had had a terrible nightmare. She was still trembling from it so I told her to get in bed with us for just a little while. I scooched over and she climbed in. She lay on her side with her back to me and I spooned her and rubbed her back to calm her down. I felt something on my feet and it took me a few minutes to realize it was HER feet. What happened to my little girl? Now she's so tall her feet reach all the way down to mine!

About an hour of laying still and listening to the sounds of sleeping people on both sides of me was all I could take. I walked her back into her room and tucked her in like she was about seven. THEN I feel asleep. Again. And boy was it hard to get up this morning!! Thankfully we go to the late church service, though Taylor worked all three so Todd had to have him there early. Guess I shouldn't complain...

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 3:22 PM :: 15 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------