Jenster's Musings

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Neat Freak in Disguise

TODDY'S HOME!! TODDY'S HOME!!! It was a long week-and-a-half and we're so glad it's over!!

Since he's been either in a nice hotel or at his brother and sister-in-law's, and therefore has become used to cleanliness, I decided he should come home to a nice, clean room and bathroom. (I'm pretty good at redirecting responsibility and tonight is no different. Those of you who don't know me will probably think this is a good excuse. Those of you who DO know me will know the lie for what it is.) Because our guest room is currently being used by Ben I'm having to pile stuff up in our room so it's been a bit messy. (Never mind the messiness before Ben moved in. If I think hard enough I can give you a reason for that, too.) But no longer, unless you look in my sitting room. It's still a disaster. That's my project for next week.

In recent years I've discovered something about myself. To look at various parts of my house one would think I have a problem with clutter. But at heart I'm actually a neat freak. For example, when I'm picking up I want to start by cleaning out closets and drawers and cupboards. But when I do that I end up with a much larger mess before running out of steam. Or I start a project like that when I'm on a timeline and then up totally stressed out. Not today, though. Oh, my fingers itched to empty all my dresser drawers and get rid of non-wearables. But I curbed my urge and just put away, put away, put away.

Cleaning my bathroom leads me to a little whine. I'm very happy with my house. It's a nice size - not too big, not too small - we see it as a blessing and we try to bless others with it. The only thing I don't like is our bathroom and our small closets. We have a decent size shower and a lovely jacuzzi tub, a double vanity and fairly good storage. But there is very little counter space. On the other side of the wall are two small walk in closets with a considerable lack of area.

If their common wall is the vertical line in a "T", the horizontal line is a wall that is shared by a floored attic. Some day I want to knock out that wall and redesign both the bathroom and the closets. I want more counter space in the bathroom and a separate room for the commode. And in my closet I want shelves specifically for purses! Doesn't that sound nice??

Do you like your closet? If you could change anything about it what would it be?

Labels: , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 6:02 PM :: 18 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------