Jenster's Musings

Friday, February 22, 2008

HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY -- SNOW!!

On my way back to bed after "powdering my nose" at 4:00 this morning I looked out the window and look what I saw!


Except it was darker. At 5:15 the phone rang and it was the school district informing us school was closed today. I told the children the happy news so they could turn off their alarms and then fell back to sleep. Todd was supposed to be in a class today, but they cancelled it yesterday so he had already planned to work from home. How convenient... for me. It was 8-ish when I came downstairs and Todd had made a pot of coffee. Oh happy day!

Ben wasn't quite so lucky, though. He still had to go to work today. But first he had to shovel out his car.


Todd cruelly told Ben he was going to watch him from the window while sipping a mug of hot tea. And he did. Katie stood there with him, both of them knocking on the window and waiving cheerily in their warm jammies. All I want to know is where is the love?

While I don't like our brass lamp post, I do like the pretty light bulb inside and the tiny icicles hanging from the top.


A couple months ago I meant to buy the kids snow pants, but we never got around to it. We hadn't had any snow, after all. Katie was griping that she only had jeans to wear when I remembered my old ski pants in my closet. Why I still have them is totally beyond me. I'll never be able to wear them again. Ever. In fact, I had to buy a larger size of overalls the last time I went skiing (12 years ago or so). Todd got those for Katie at first and while she didn't exactly swim in them, she waded.

So I got the old ski pants for her and they fit! Well, they fit over her size 0 jeans with a bit of room to be comfortable, but the belt cinched at her waist perfectly and the length was just right. Proof that I haven't always been this "pleasantly plump"! And no, I've never been a size 0 or a size 2 or a size, well, just suffice it to say I've never been that tiny.


Don't you just love the orange hat? All fuzzy and warm. I don't know why she's not smiling. The girl has been a poser since she was a baby. She could be pouting or fussing but as soon as she saw the camera she was a fashion model. I suppose she was antsy to get outside in her new snow pants and I was boiling her vibe.

"Where's Taylor in all this?", you may be asking yourself. He was still in bed until about 11:00 or so. Saving his energy for shoveling the driveway and sidewalk, no doubt.

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 2:21 PM :: 24 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------