Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

October Musings

Where has the year gone? I can hardly believe it's already October. Mostly I'm very happy about it. I love the cooler temperatures and the changing leaves and the smells of autumn. And as I said in an earlier post, every weekend this month is something unusually fun for me.

At the same time, however, I can't escape breast cancer. Now granted I have learned to embrace pink and I write about my experience, but that's all on my time. If I want to hang up my breast cancer hat for day or so I can. Not this month, though.

I'm hoping this year will be a little better than last year. Not once during October of 2007 did I talk about breast cancer. It wasn't until November when I wrote Blasted October, a post lamenting my dislike of Breast Cancer Awareness. I mean, for hundreds of thousands of us every month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

I am farther along this year than I was last year, but I still haven't totally accepted my new normal. I'm getting there. Slowly, but I'm working on it. So I may not write a lot about breast cancer, at least not on this blog. Then again every post might be about the disease. Not likely, but I suppose it could happen.

On a VERY happy note that totally overshadows whatever feeling I may have about all the pink ribbons out there, our weather is going to be Fallish tomorrow and Friday we're driving to Rutgers University to meet up with our Hawaiian friends and watch their daughter play soccer. She was recently named the BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week, a first for Rutgers in six years!

So watch me go, all enjoying October and having a good time and ignoring the pink splattered throughout the rusts and golds and burgundies and oranges of Fall. I may not have the best eye, but even I know pink clashes with the warmer tones of Autumn!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 8:21 AM :: 6 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------