Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Girl and/or Flower Power

There's this girl - we'll call her "Girl", which is really funny when you consider her screen name is Girl - who moved to this area fairly recently. A couple weeks ago or so ago I thought I saw her at the grocery store with a new do. I wasn't positive it was her, I only caught fleeting glimpses of her and never straight on, so I followed her around in a non-creepy kind of way. Mostly because if Girl saw me and saw that I saw her, but I didn't say anything then that would be totally rude. But I didn't want to just come up behind her and be all, "Hi Girl! What's going on?" and then have this person who may not even be Girl turn around and think I'm crazy. Her hair was short and spikey and Girl could totally pull it off so I really thought it was probably her. My attempts at stealth were unsuccessful, however, and I left not knowing for sure if it was her. A few days later I saw her at church with the same hairstyle she'd had the week before so there was my answer. It wasn't Girl at the store.

Fast forward to today. As I was putting my groceries on the belt a woman came up behind me in line. She was looking at magazines and stuff so I didn't get a good look at her and I thought it might be Girl. She had a ball cap on, but the hair looked very Girlish. Again, I just wasn't sure if it was her or not. This person was wearing glasses and I've never seen Girl with glasses. But she had a pretty tattoo on her arm and Girl has a pretty tattoo - I just couldn't remember what Girl's tattoo is. I got up to the cashier while the woman was putting her stuff on the belt and I said, "Girl?" She just kept putting her stuff on the belt as if I wasn't talking to her. So I don't think it was Girl.

Hey, Girl. I promise I'm not trying to stalk you OR your doppelganger. Though isn't a doppelganger an evil twin? 'Cause these ladies didn't look evil. Geesh. The next time it probably will be you in the store and I'll just totally ignore you because I don't want to make a fool out of myself. So you'll have to say hello first, 'kay?

And how's this for information you wish you never had. When you come out of the grocery store parking lot you can either turn left or right on a big street or go straight into a restaurant parking lot. As I waited for the light to turn green so I could turn left, a nattily dressed man on a cell phone walked out of the restaurant directly in front of me. He turned around and picked his seat, if you know what I mean. Right there in front of God and country! Why didn't he do that inside the still-closed restaurant instead of outside on a crowded street??

Okay. Enough of that.

Look what I found:





Now how did that happen, I wonder?

Labels: , , , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 5:33 PM :: 9 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------