Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A Whole Lotta Bupkis

My caffeine addiction is out of control again. I'm not really drinking all that much coffee, but I HAVE to have it. So it looks like it's time I had another surgery. The narcotics make caffeine withdrawal so much easier.

Both my big toes have ingrown toenails. I've had two ingrown toenails removed in the past. One time I totally screwed up the medication in the middle of the night. I doubled my Vicodin and skipped my antibiotic. Taylor was in kindergarten at the time. I knew I was too loopy to drive him to school, but when I told him he would have to ride with the neighbor down the street he started crying. I was in no position to reason with him or myself, so I said, "Okay." And like a major idiot, I strapped my small children into the car and drove Taylor to school, thankfully without incident.

All that is to say I think maybe I'll call the podiatrist and see if the doctor here is as good about prescribing pain medication as the last guy. Because, you know, I need to get off caffeine.

***


Did you see where Swedish scientists have isolated the male bonding gene? This is what the on-line article I read said:

MONDAY, Sept. 1 (HealthDay News) -- Whether a man has one type of gene versus another could help decide whether he's good "husband material," a new study suggests.

What I want to know is, how is this helpful? If you're a single woman in the dating field do you ask your date for a DNA sample for genetic testing?

***


The season premier of Desperate Housewives is in just a few weeks! Hello, Guilty Pleasure!

***


A little over a year ago I was complaining about being too much woman because my ovaries would not die. Now I've decided I'm too much man. I'm going to have to call my favorite tattooist and laser hair remover person for another go at my underarms. I'm not looking forward to having that done again (because I don't get pharmaceuticals there), but I AM looking forward for another excuse to go into Philadelphia.

***


This week is getting very warm and humid. Not a good combination. The mosquitoes seem to like it, though. And while "hate" is a strong word that I don't like to use very often, I hate mosquitoes. With an unrelenting passion.

***


Sookie doesn't like school. No, silly. She's not going to school. The kids are and that makes her sad. She watches them walk up the street to the bus stop and whines. Then she plops down and sighs loudly - her version of the flounce and pout.

***


I'm off to Starbuck's to meet Cristie. I've been practicing ordering a Grande Skinny Mocha Latte instead of my usual. Any other time I've thought about ordering something else I end up zoning once I step up to the counter and say, "Venti White Chocolate Mocha with whip" just like a robot. Not today, though. Grande Skinny Mocha Latte. Grande Skinny Mocha Latte. Grande Skinny Mocha Latte.

***


There's probably a bajillion other mundane things to tell you, but I don't want to get the Grande Skinny Mocha Latte out of my head.

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 9:11 AM :: 12 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------