Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Just Another Oncology Appointment

I got to see all my friends at the White Russian's office this morning. I was almost sad when he said, "Everything looks great! We don't need to see you for another six months." Not the, "everything looks great," part. The, "we don't need to see you for another six months," part.

I did something a little different today. When the nurse weighed me I didn't tell her I'd be much lighter the next time she saw me. I've said that every single time before and I think I just jinxed myself. So I didn't say it out loud, but I was definitely thinking it.

The doctor and I discussed changing from Arimidex to Femara because I do have a lot of joint and muscle stiffness, but after I'm up and about for a few minutes I loosen up. He thinks that could be residual from the Taxotere treatments I received nearly three years ago. I think it may have to do with the weight. Most likely it's a combination of a few things. Since my symptoms are not arthritic-type pains he doesn't think its the Arimidex so I'm still on that. Which I'm good with because I hate changing medications unless there's a really good reason.

And how funny is this. He walked in the examination room with a huge smile on his face and asked excitedly, "Are the kids in school yet?" It made me laugh and I answered in kind, "They went back on Monday!" Then I realized he doesn't get to ask that question very often. I know he has young patients, but I've never seen anyone close to my age in there. And I'm not really all that young.

Would you believe I purposely avoided going near Starbuck's today? I did. Swear and spit. And I didn't even miss it. I did take an alternate route home and that was kind of fun. I saw this tiny, little sign that said something about "historical" with an arrow so I followed it because I'm a major geek that way (she says geekily proud of the fact). I got lost. But I didn't mind because it's a gorgeous day, I had great tunes and the scenery was beautiful. I'm not exactly sure what the historical thing was, but I enjoyed myself and I knew eventually I'd come upon a road I thought I might possibly know. I did.

I would have loved to keep driving around, looking for more historical stuff (it's EVERYWHERE out here), but I had to come home and let Sookie out. She's been a little depressed this week with all her people gone so I had to show her some love. On a side note, she's getting awesome with a frisby! I'll try to get some pictures of her stealthy self jumping high to catch the disk later this week. Good stuff, Maynard.

Now I need to clean the house and do laundry. Ugh!

I think this may be one of the lamest posts ever. If you stuck it out, thanks for hanging with me til the end.

Labels: , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 2:29 PM :: 17 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------