Jenster's Musings

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Happy, Happy Birthday, Baby...

Today my sweetheart celebrated his 44th birthday. It's been a long time since the first birthday I celebrated with him - his twentieth. Where have the years gone?

Todd chose to have stacked enchiladas tonight instead of going out dinner. So Katie and I made his favorite meal. I feel almost like I cheated because it's so dang easy to make! But he requested it so I suppose it still counts.



After clean up was the fun part. Gifts!! I've been dying for weeks to give him his presents. The first thing was something he'd asked for and I think he pretty much knew he was getting. It was fun to give him because he's wanted this for so long and he finally got it.

An official and personalized Flyers jersey with his lucky number "9" (because he was born on 9-9, weighed 9 pounds and lived in apartment 9) and a "C" for Captain on the front. Last Christmas he gave me a women's Flyers jersey with "Jenster" on the back and an "A" for Assistant on the front.

A few weeks ago while he was on a business trip I went to an antique store and bought this chair. I was so excited because it was exactly what I was looking for. I took it to a local park along with Todd's almost greatest love - his Martin guitar, Arwyn - and took pictures.




I took some of these photos and a few others, framed them and wrapped them up.















And I was finally able to explain to him why I bought the old chair (which I happen to love in my entry way!)

After that was a family session on Rock Band, but we only got to play two songs because Sookie was unhappy. I guess because all the parts were taken and there was nothing for her to do.

Finally it was time for cake!! Katie loves to watch Ace of Cakes and other baking shows so she wanted to do the cake. She thought we should do tiers, but the closest we could do was a 9 inch round and an 8 inch round. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out quite how we both had imagined.



I looks a little bit like a fresh cow patty. But you can't judge a book by it's cover OR a cake by it's look. It had a yum factor of about 9.9.

And last, but most definitely not least, our neighbors gave him a super soft and snuggly Flyers blanket. I had already downloaded my photos so I don't have a picture of it.

All in all it was a good birthday celebration for him. Next year we'll have to do something big for him because his birthday will fall on 9/9/09 AND he'll be 45, which when you add the two numbers together makes 9!

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 12:22 PM :: 19 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------