Jenster's Musings

Friday, September 05, 2008

A Little Less Random...

Hannah is supposed to hit here tonight. Since yesterday afternoon I've been getting text messages and email warnings from the National Weather Service about heavy rains and flooding in our area all day tomorrow. We're supposed to have the kids who work the tech booth on Sunday nights over for burgers tomorrow evening.

Most of you who know me in real life know I'm a pretty laid back, worry free, Hakuna Matata kind of gal. But bad weather always concerns me greatly, especially when 16 and 17 year olds are going to be driving in it. Of course, the other parents know their children's driving skills better than I do and they may not have a problem with it.

Addendum - They're still coming, but now they're going to be picked up.

***


Guess what this morning was! Go ahead! Guess!

Yes, it was Friday morning. Yes, it was the 5th. Good answers. But not the right one. It was the first get together following summer for my Homies!! Not my Little Homies. My Homies. And I won't call them my Big Homies, because we're all women and will take great offense to being called Big. So it's just my Homies, as opposed to the Little Homies, who are nearly all taller than me.

Today was just about getting together and talking and eating ('cause we do those things really well), but next Friday we'll start a short series on the book of James. I may go purchase some steel toed boots before next Friday because he always steps on my feet.

I don't think I can adequately express how happy I am about starting back up. You know how hectic summer is and we just don't manage to get together very often. But I love being in the routine and getting together with these ladies weekly. It was such a pleasure to just be with them for a few hours this morning. And now we have two new victims ladies joining the group.

All is right in my little corner of the world.

***


Except... I hate election year. The same kind of hate I reserve for mosquitoes. And humid, sweaty weather. I tire quickly of seeing the candidates at every turn. I become easily exasperated when I hear democrats and republicans berating each other.

This is NOT a political post. I may talk religion sometimes, but I refuse to talk politics. Other than to say this. Regardless of what side of the party line you stand on, please don't tell me the other side is dead wrong or evil or stupid or anything like that. Call me Pollyanna if you must, but I firmly believe both sides have the same basic goals. To keep America safe and to take care of Americans. The problem is simply they don't agree on how to do that.

I'm not terribly excited about any of the candidates. I see good points and bad points to all of them. I suppose I'll do what I usually do. Choose who I perceive to be the lesser of two evils, figuratively speaking.

Okay. That's all the political mumbojumbo I'll be writing about. Until something else strikes my fancy, anyway.

***


Last, but most definitely not least, are a few Sookie pictures.

One of her new favorite places. This way she can see upstairs and into the kitchen:


Watching the kids walk up the street to the bus stop. This is her pretty permanent place in the morning until the last bus has left:



Here's she's taking a nap with Dad on the futon in the basement:

Labels: , , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 1:05 PM :: 9 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------