Jenster's Musings

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

I finally gave in yesterday and bought myself a new pair of walking shoes. My old tennies had broken down and not good for the walking I've been trying to do. I tried on several pairs and ended up with a pair of Avia walkers. I usually love New Balance, but my heels slipped in every single pair. I've had Avias before, too, and liked them. So I put my new shoes on this morning and guess what. My heels are still slipping!!! Doesn't it just figure that the one skinny part on my body is going to make getting the rest of my body skinny more difficult.

While at the shoe store - Famous Footwear, to be exact - I spied about a bajillion pairs of shoes I love. Good thing for my budget only my tennis shoes go with my various sweats and athletic pants. Of course, there are my jeans...

***

Speaking of jeans and sweats and shoes and such, Katie and I are going to NYC in a couple weeks to see Wicked. Guess where we're staying. Go ahead. Guess.

Give up??

Only the Waldorf Stinkin' Astoria!!



Which means I need to buy some clothes before we go because they do have a dress code. Oh, the price we have to pay for living like the other half. Gotta love those Hilton points, though!

***


Sookie has been reminding me of some of the reasons I didn't want a dog. Lucky for her she's so incredibly cute. Todd's coming home from a business trip this afternoon and I can't wait. I'm not sure if it's because I miss him or if it's because HE can deal with the dog then. Probably a little bit of both.


***

My friend, Kris, is turning 40 tomorrow. I think that's very sporting of her because it means a girls' night out at The Cheesecake Factory tonight where we'll all complain about our weight over a big bowl of pasta and a giant piece of cheesecake. It just doesn't get much better. Except for maybe going to see Wicked in New York City and staying at the Waldorf. But the jury's still out.

***

Remember a few weeks ago I told you we had the kids from the youth group tech team over for burgers? I forgot to tell you that as Todd was putting the burgers on the grill we ran out of propane. So we improvised:



Gotta love the Foreman Grill!!

***



It's brisk and very windy out today, but the sky is a beautiful blue with white fluffy clouds.


I think it's really, really fall, now!










I'm all thunk out now.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 9:17 AM :: 10 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------