Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What's The Haps?

Hello Friends. How's it with you? Things are going well around here. I'm just chillin', watching American Idol (I don't care who wins - I like both Kris and Adam and think they're both going to go far regardless of tonight's outcome) and I can't believe it's been two weeks since I posted. I have become so delinquent in my blogging. And it's not like I don't have anything to blog about. I've just changed up my priorities a little and for some reason blogging has fallen a few notches. And Trippin' Through The Bible is on hold for a short period of time while we do a little switcheroo on the CLEAR site. I'm having a ball with that, though!

So what's been going on. Well, Taylor and Kristen went to Prom last Saturday. The dance was in the ballroom of a Valley Forge hotel and afterwards the high school had a post prom party from 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM. Taylor got home about 5:15 Sunday morning. What a great thing for the kids, though! It's a well supervised all night party with movies and games and inflatables and raffles - Taylor won four movie tickets and Kristen won a $50.00 Wawa giftcard. And mom and dad don't have to worry about where their kid is. The chaperones even call the parents if the kids don't show up when they're supposed to or if they leave early. Good times.

I've been walking. And walking. And walking some more. Sookie's loving it! Sunday afternoon she and I walked for about an hour at Valley Forge. Oh my goodness. It was so beautiful and the walk was extremely pleasant. I could have kept walking, but I had to get the car back home for the kids to go to youth group. I should probably be walking right this very minute, but I'm not. Oh well.

Do you have any plans for the long weekend?? I do and I'm excited! Friday and Saturday Todd and I will be going on more long walks - either on one of our awesome trails around here or back at Valley Forge. Our friends, Stan and Betsy, are coming for some grilled burgers Friday night so that will be fun. The kids have plans on Saturday so I've talked Toddy into taking me to see a movie. We haven't been to a movie in ages - it's going to be like a date or something! Sunday Katie and I are going to NYC to see Guys and Dolls on Broadway, including lunch at Hard Rock Cafe (her favorite) and then down to SoHo for a light dinner before coming home. Monday will be another long walk somewhere pretty. Right now I'm thinking it's good to be me!!

I started Weight Watchers AGAIN a few weeks ago. It seems to be doing a little something. Even my Wee Fit Mii shrunk a little. Not enough, mind you. But a little. I had a "come to Jesus" with the clothes in my closet the other day. If you've been around for a while you may remember this example for illustration purposes. Let's say I'm currently a size 4. I have several size 2 clothes and even some size 0 clothes in my closet. So I started telling the size 2s that I'll be wearing them this summer and that by fall I'll be wearing the size 0s. That's my plan, anyway.

Can I talk about TV for a minute? (That was a rhetorical question because yes, I CAN talk about TV for a minute. In fact, this is my blog and I can talk about anything I want to and I want to talk about TV.) There are a couple of shows that I have come to adore. First there's Chuck. We love Chuck. We were a little worried it was going to get cancelled, but the powers that be have decreed it shall continue next season. Next there's Castle. Have you seen this show? It's so much fun!! Seriously - it's kind of like a charming version of CSI. Thankfully it has been renewed for next season, too!! And finally, Glee. Last night was the Preview Episode and it sucked Katie and I right in. Sadly we have to wait until the fall to watch the series.

Okay. A person can only handle so much random in one night. I'm signing off, now. By the way - I'm thoroughly enjoying American Idol tonight. Lot's of great performers and performances. I'm glad it's going to be over, though. Because not only can a person only handle so much random, a person can only handle so much Paula.

So until the next time - stay cool!!

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 8:29 PM :: 6 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------