Jenster's Musings

Sunday, January 03, 2010

I'm Rolling Now

Look. Two days and I'm back. I've even written the next Trippin' post and have scheduled it to be published on the 5th. I'm really rocking my New Year's plans.

I think I figured out part of my non-blogging problem. My blog has been referred to as the Seinfeld of blogs by certain people (you know who you are). You know. A blog about nothing. Which is really easy to write about. But for some reason I started thinking I needed to actually write about something. I have no idea why. I do much better writing about nothing. So here I am. Writing a post about nothing.

It's good to be back.

***

For those of you who thought I was jesting, we really did have black eyed peas and hog jowls on New Year's Day. Except I didn't eat any of the hog jowls. That would be gross. The black eyed peas, however, were absolutely delicious. Even Todd, non-bean eater that he is, keeps asking his dad to show me how he made them because he had two bowls. Yes, they were THAT good.

***

New Year's Eve was kind of lame this year. I stayed in my room and slept most of the day because I was sick with what seemed to be a horrible head cold. Todd and his visiting parents stayed downstairs and watched movies or something. And Taylor and Katie went to Countdown, the youth group's annual New Year's Eve party. The band plays at 12:00 and this year Katie sang lead for Bon Jovi's "Living On A Prayer" while Taylor played electric bass for all the songs. We were going to go watch, but thankfully they're doing it again tonight at the regular youth group so we don't have to stay up all night. And thankfully my cold was very short lived so I actually feel like going.

***

I'm not looking forward to getting up for work tomorrow. The work itself is fine, the people are fine - I love my job. I just hate getting up early when it's so bitterly cold. Oh, who am I kidding? I hate getting up early any time, but especially when it's cold outside. Does anybody know how to trick myself into not minding getting up early? I'd really like to be able to get up around 5:30 every morning and go swimming or walking and get some things done around here before I go to work. But if I do that I'll just want to come home and go back to bed which would be bad for job longevity. If anybody has any ideas, please do tell.

***

Please do not mistake this for a New Year's Resolution, but tomorrow I'm going to start eating healthier. Really, I am. I'll let you know how that goes.

***

Sookie has been very naughty lately. She has a thing for Reid, the adorable Irish Setter puppy who lives across and down the street just a little bit. I know. She's stepping out on Brady and I don't agree with this lifestyle choice, but what am I to do? She's escaped the yard several times lately and Todd had to take her collar to the invisible fence people yesterday and turn it up. I think possibly her thicker winter coat was insulating her neck against the zap. Not so anymore. Hopefully she'll stay in the yard now. Trollop.

***

My Mother-In-Law and I went into Philadelphia Wednesday to see the Princess Diana Exhibit at the National Constitutional Center. We got there about 10:30 and the first available tour was at 4:30. So we found a movie theater and saw It's Complicated, then we found a quaint little Italian trattoria for a late lunch and finally it was time for the tour.

I'm glad I saw it, but I wouldn't go see it again. It was waaaay too crowded. What I did enjoy were all her dresses and outfits I remember seeing her in and especially her wedding gown. I remember watching the wedding while I was at church camp so it was kind of surreal to see that dress in real life. Wanna know a secret? It wasn't all that pretty.

***

Oh, look at the time! I must be on my way to do more nothing so I'll have nothing to write about later!

Labels: , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 4:15 PM :: 7 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------