Jenster's Musings

Thursday, October 26, 2006

5 Truths

I was tagged by both Devonna and Jodi to give 5 truths. This was really hard at first because I couldn't think of anything that people maybe didn't already know. But the deeper I looked, the easier it became. And scarier. Especially because I hate being vulnerable.

So here are five of the many truths I thought about:

#1 – I don’t like talking on the phone. Every now and then I enjoy talking to someone on the phone, but for the most part I’d much rather email. Most people think I’m a pretty chatty person – and I can be. But the older I get the quieter I’m becoming.

#2 – I always thought of myself as a patient and selfless person. I’m starting to realize this is not true and I don’t like this about me.

#3 – No matter how hard I try not to, I have an irrational sense of guilt over increasing my daughter’s risk of breast cancer. Before me we had no family history of the disease. Nearly a year to the day after my diagnosis my mother was diagnosed. On one hand that has relieved my guilt a little. On the other hand, however, it just increases my daughter’s risk even more.

#4 - I feel like I’m sort of good at a lot of things, but not really good at anything. I quit work as a legal assistant nearly 12 years ago and did some medical transcribing from home for a while. I’ve been thinking about going back to work – at least part time – but I have no idea what I’m even qualified to do anymore. My secret dream is to become a published author – preferably preteen historical fiction. But that’s an awfully lofty goal and chances are it’s one I’ll never meet.

#5 - I love how anesthesia makes me feel. You know when they tell you to count backwards and you say, “100, 99, 98,” and the next thing you know you’re in a completely different room and the nurse is asking how you feel? I LOVE that! I probably could have easily become a drug addict if I’d had the slightest inclination.

Okay. That's all I'm required or willing to share at the moment. So now I'm going to tag Amanda and Amy.

Mused by Jenster :: 9:20 PM :: 12 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------