Jenster's Musings

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Just Stuff

THE BOY

Taylor is a smart kid who would do very well if he would only apply himself. He gets good grades, but he could get great grades. I cringe when I say that because I grew up hearing that same thing. So just how upset can I get with him when I was the same way?

His girlfriend, Kristen, is also very smart. The difference is she has drive. This girl is an excellent student - I think she's number 6 in her class of over 600 kids. She's a great softball player and a dancer and will be competing for Miss Pennsylvania Teen USA in November.

Taylor has been reading a book for his English class (Pompeii by Richard Harris in case you're interested. Great book.) and has to write a report on it next week. Kristen asked him if he'd been reading and he told her probably not as much as he should. So she looked at his book and told him they couldn't hang out until he got to such-and-such page. Amazing what he can do with the proper motivation.

THE GIRL

We have a new elementary school around the corner from us. The speed limit on the street goes from 35 mph to 15 mph when the lights are flashing. Katie and I crack up because it's like we're all of a sudden driving in slow motion. So now we talk in slow motion, too. And when we get past the school zone we speed up our talking and laugh like we're kindergartners.

We're so goofy.

THE MAN

Todd has not been a good blogger at all. I keep telling him to post something, but he doesn't seem to have time. I've even offered to write his posts for him - something that paints a lovely picture of me - but he declines.

But since he works hard to keep me in the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed (his words) I won't gripe at him too much.

ME

I'm still trying to gain my bearings with the new job. The director interviewed a woman yesterday who would work Monday, Wednesday and Friday which would mean I would only work on Tuesday and Thursday so we'll see what happens there.

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 8:12 PM :: 6 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------