Jenster's Musings

Friday, September 21, 2007

Forget the Booze, I'll Take the Nyquil

One of the "hazards" of working with kids when you're not used to it is picking up every little germ and virus the little angels bring to school with them. Add to that an uncertain immune system and you can be assured of taking home your very own little illness.

Yesterday at school I thought I was having an allergy attack. But last night I was running a slight fever and I realized I had a cold. My first cold in a very long time. So I made sure I had a good eight hours to sleep and took two Nyquil. After nine hours of sleep I got up to chat with the kids before they left for school. It was nice not having to rush around. After all, I didn't have to be at Bible study until 9:15 and the hostess lives less than five minutes from me.

I still felt a little fuzzyheaded and curled up in the big, comfy, green chair to chat with Katie. I reminded her to go brush her feet and to please take her dirty dishes to the bathroom. So she covered me with a light blanket, kissed my forehead and told me to go back to sleep. Then she left.

I figured I'd just rest for a little bit before I went to take my shower. When I opened my eyes to look at the clock I thought I'd only been asleep for about 10 minutes. My blurry vision told me the clock on the mantel said 7:30. But after rubbing the haze away I realized it was 8:30!

It took me several more minutes before I was able to actually pull my body from the comfort of the chair. So I went to Bible study with no shower, no makeup, and a mind that was working only slightly better than it had been at 7:00.

Still it was great to get together with the ladies after our summer break. And last Spring my participation was sketchy with all the stuff I had going on.

I just need to remember to take my Nyquil earlier next time.

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 11:39 AM :: 12 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------