Jenster's Musings

Sunday, September 16, 2007

middle name meme

Jodie Lee at Throw the Book at Me tagged me for the Middle Name Meme back in August. I'm finally getting around to posting it.

Here are the rules:

1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.

2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.

3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog post containing your own middle name game facts.

4. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

I had a hard time with this one. Every word I came up with made me sound either egomaniacal or idiotic. Then I made the mistake of asking Todd and Taylor for a couple words to describe me. I didn't use any of them.

So after much hemming and hawing, here's my middle name:

D – Devoted: While I do possess several character flaws I will NOT be admitting to any time soon, I am totally devoted. I’m devoted to God – I owe Him everything. I’m devoted to Todd – he’s the other half of my whole. I’m devoted to my kids – they keep me young.

I – Indomitable: This isn’t a word I would have used to describe me a few years ago. But it does describe my attitude while dealing with breast cancer. I absolutely refused to let it get the best of me. I was incapable of being overcome, subdued, or vanquished (American Heritage Dictionary). Funny thing - most of the women I know who have had to deal with this same disease could be described the very same way.

A – Agreeable: For the most part I’m pretty easy going and agreeable. In fact I’ve been known to be rather door-matish. There are times when I insist I have my way if it’s something very important to me. But most things, unless they’re the big things in life, aren’t so important to me.

N – Nutty: Trying to find two good words that start with “N” is not easy. Too bad for me I finally figured out I had two Ns in my middle name when I was in high school. I found N-words like nerd and nincompoop, numbskull and ninny. I’m sure there are several people who would call me any one of those names on a regular basis. But this is my blog and I refuse to let you know the real me. So I’m going with Nutty for my first word. I think this is self explanatory.

N – Noodge: The dictionary describes “noodge” this way – One who persistently pesters, annoys, or complains. I don’t complain much, it’s possible that I annoy, but I definitely pester. It’s the highlight of my life.

E – Enthusiastic: When I’m telling a story I become very animated – arms flailing, facial expressions, the whole bit.

I'm going to bend the rules and pass this meme on to three people instead of six. The three I choose are:

Shauna at The Coffee Stop
Becky at Stuck in Frump, Striving for Fab
Jen at Life on the Mountain

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 2:29 PM :: 5 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------