Jenster's Musings

Friday, August 31, 2007

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha

Guess what I’m doing! Go ahead. Guess.

If you said “laundry” you are correct. That Sherry Lewis classic, “this is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends,” is playing through my head. Because laundry is the chore that never ends. NEVER!

I need an Alice. You know, an older, unattractive, goofy woman to do the laundry, dust, vacuum, pick up, clean the kitchen, cook dinner and watch the kids. OH MY GOSH!! I AM an Alice!!

***

I have a list as long as my short arm to blog about. Not my short arm as in I have one long arm and one short one. Just that both my arms are short.

So anyway, I have all these things to blog about, but not enough time. Todd and I are leaving in the morning for Rhode Island and I have a ton of stuff to do to get ready. Like laundry. And I don't know if it's from the most recent surgery or if it's because I'm just plain out of shape or if it's residual from chemo TWO YEARS AGO - but I'm so tired in the afternoons I want to cry.

And speaking of crying - does anyone else do this? I'm feeling a bit low right now for a bunch of different reasons, most of which I'm sure I'll end up blogging about. Anyway, I haven't really examined these reasons in depth because I know I'll end up crying and I don't have time for that. So I'm going to wait until I get back from our little vacation and the kids are in school and Todd's at work and I'll think about why I'm feeling a little on the sad side and I'll cry and be cleansed and feel great! It's like I have to schedule time for my breakdown.

The reason for our little get away is a very happy one, though. Some friends of ours are getting married Monday and they asked us to come be their witnesses. So that's going to be cool. And it will be nice to get away from everything for a few days. Heck, I'm just looking forward to having Todd all to myself in a car for six hours or so. He'll have to talk to me then! Okay. That's not really a problem. We just travel really well together and I find it very enjoyable. Comfortable silence for a while, good conversation for a while. The only complaint is that he may make me listen to John Denver because, you know, he's essential.

I won't be posting until next Wednesday (sorry Mom and Aunt Thea) and then I hope to have beautiful pictures of the New England coast for you. After that I'll get my whine on.

And here's a little teaser. Just some of the topics I'll be blogging about:

Todd's blog

Hot flashes/Night Sweats

Unveiling

Blisters

40+ models on Rachel Ray

Sunburn stripe on leg

Labels: , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 2:32 PM :: 27 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------