Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Around Oahu

I think I've got the Blogger/slide show thing figured out!

As I said in my previous post, Monday we ate lunch at Hard Rock Cafe. You can't go into a Hard Rock Cafe with a camera and not take pictures of famous guitars.
Well I can't, anyway. I snapped Eric Clapton's guitar because Todd and Taylor are fans. I snapped Lenny Kravitz's guitar because I'm a fan. I snapped Lindsey Buckingham's guitar because I don't know. I never liked Fleetwood Mac.

Tuesday was the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial. One cannot go there and not be moved. can't look at the pictures now and not be moved. Do you know there are still a handful of living survivors left? And those who survived the attack but have passed on have had the option of being interned with their shipmates. Their names have been added to a special place on the Memorial Wall.

The photograph titled "Tears of the Arizona" is the slick of oil that still weeps from the ship after all these many years. The flag over the memorial flies from a flagpole which is attached to the severed mainmast of the sunken battleship. In the gift shop, Taylor found and purchased the flag that was flown over the memorial on September 11, 2001.



I didn't take my honkin' camera to dinner with Cigi's family, but Katie took her cute little camera. Good thing, too, because that way we got the picture of our family and her family. Don't we look happy? Mostly because the company was great, but a little bit because we're going to eat. That always makes me happy. Cigi's husband, Les, told the waiter it was our anniversary (since the trip was kind of an anniversary celebration) and we were given a delicious coconut creme brulee.

And finally the pearls. Aren't they lovely? My pineapple pearl doesn't show up quite as blue in the photo as it really is. Gotta love the bling, though.

And that wraps up our week in Oahu. Next we fly to the Big Island.

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 8:42 PM :: 7 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------