Jenster's Musings

Sunday, August 03, 2008

In Between Islands

I still have beautiful pictures from the Big Island to share. Incredible vistas, valleys, waterfalls, HOT LAVA STREAMING INTO THE OCEAN - very Hawaiian scenery. But I'm going to take a quick break.

***


I have hundreds of new posts in Google Reader. I've been trying to get to them, but it's so overwhelming. I'm very sorry, my bloggy friends, but I'm going to wipe out all the posts and start from scratch. Otherwise I'll make myself crazy. I hate to do it, too, because I worry I'll miss out on the most important or provocative post in the history of blogdom. I guess I'll just have to get over it.

***


My friend, Kris, and I took our daughters and one of their friends to see Mamma Mia yesterday. Kris is an ABBA freak, man. Not freak as in she dresses like them or has a shrine dedicated to them. Just that she has all their CDs and knows all the words. She's seen the Broadway play and this was her third time to see the movie. She cracked me up because she sang every word to every song.

The movie itself was a lot of fun. Very cute movie! It is rated PG-13 for good reason so I wouldn't take young kids to see it. But that's just me. I kind of pushed the envelope for Katie who, I hate to say it, is much closer to 14 than 13 (but that's several other posts for several other days). But I was okay with everything.

***


Katie goes to church camp for a week today. Once again I'm glad she has this opportunity. My emotions are all over the board with it, though. Part of me is looking forward to having a Katie break (you all know how much she talks). Part of me knows by Wednesday I'm going to want her back home. Part of me is looking forward to having just Taylor for a week. Part of me is hoping he and his friend pick this week to go camping for a couple days. I can't seem to light on just one "feeling" about this whole thing.

It's sort of like school. I love when school gets out and then I always look forward to school starting. I think I would totally dig year around schools. But nobody with the power ever consults me about this.

***


Poor Taylor is the only one of his friends who can't drive yet. Even Kristen has her license now. He could have gotten his permit three months ago, but he hasn't "studied" for it enough, according to him. Maybe this next week...

***


So far I've thoroughly enjoyed Todd working from home. Sookie likes it, too. She spends half her day in the office with him or right outside the door, laying in the sun streaming through the big window above the stairs.

***


I'm so excited I get to go to church today. I've missed three weeks and it's totally thrown me off kilter. There's a lot of exciting stuff for women going on right now that I will definitely be writing about later.

***


Geesh. I really have nothing to say. Actually, I have a lot of things to say, but this isn't the time to get into any of them. Yup. I've been pondering life's meaning again. Or something like that.

I'll try to get the rest of my Hawaii pictures up tomorrow.

Labels: , , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 8:56 AM :: 4 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------