Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Guess That Song

I'll get back to NYC and the Chicas later, but first I have this. Guess what song I was singing in the shower this morning! Go ahead. Guess! I'll wait.

*
*
*

Good guesses, but no. There's just no way in the world you'll guess it. But I'll give you a hundred more tries.

1. No.

2. Wrong.

3. Uh-uh.

4. Nope.

5. --- Oh forget it! We'll be here all day. I'll just tell you.

Flat Foot Floozie with a Floy Floy


Told you you'd never guess!! Who sings that?? I mean in like the last 50 years? Well, obviously I have because I'm not 50. And my mom definitely has because that's how I know the song. But how many normal people sing that anymore?

And how did I even get it in my head this morning?

And what exactly does it mean? I know what "flat foot" means because I have a flexible flat foot which means my foot looks like it has an arch until I stand up and then it goes away. Got that from my mom, too. And "floozie" -- everyone knows that's a tramp. But what's a floy floy? Is it a hat? Or maybe they're orthopedic shoes for the hoochie mama's foot problem. Does anyone know??

OH MY GOSH!! I just looked it up and it says the song is actually Flat Foot Floogie, "floogie" meaning floozie which is "a slang for a prostitute who attracts customers by walking the streets" and "with a floy floy" indicates she has a venereal disease! Seriously!! That's what the internet says so it must be true.

MOM! I can't believe you sang that song to me!! I thought the college drinking songs were a little inappropriate. But this???

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 9:08 AM :: 10 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------