Jenster's Musings

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

VICTORY!!

A month or so ago I told you about some folks who were in jeopardy of losing their home - The "The Just Plain Wrong" portion of The Good, The Bad, and the Just Plain Wrong. Last night the Township Supervisors voted unanimously for a resolution to ban the condemnation of these two properties for use in building a new park or anything else. The Township building was packed with concerned citizens - we didn't all fit in the actual room and spilled out into the foyer. As you can imagine, there was much applause when the resolution was adopted.

***

When Todd lived at home he would gripe at his dad for not turning the heater on in the early mornings. (Contrary to what some of you may think, early morning in SoCal can be pretty chilly) Now that HE'S the homeowner it's like pulling teeth to get him to turn on the heater. Thankfully for the rest of us, he's out of town. Monday night I turned the heater on and it's a good thing I did. It was 34 degrees yesterday morning! When I told him I turned on the heater he said, "But it's only October!" I may need to put a lock on the thermostat so he can't turn it off when he gets home!

***

I watched about an hour of the debate last night. I couldn't stomach any more than that. This is a totally bipartisan opinion. I'm sick and tired of the lying, the embellishing, the partial truths, the mud slinging -- both sides are just as guilty as the other. Frankly, I don't know who or what to believe. I can't decide if it keeps getting worse or if it's just that I keep getting older and am paying closer attention. Whatever the case, I'll go vote my conscience on that first Tuesday in November and pray for our country and whoever ends up in the White House.

***

Now for the really big news! I'm picking up Sing 4 Joy and God's Guitar Girl from the airport tonight! Then tomorrow I'll get to meet His Girl and a few other Chicas! And they're even going to let me hang out with them on Friday evening and Sunday evening!

Tomorrow I'm taking S4J and GGG into Philadelphia and dropping them off to do their thing while I take the kids to the Franklin Institute to see the Pirates Exhibit (Argh!) and then we might get to catch up with our Hawaiian friends for a bit!

Busy, busy, busy, but FUN, FUN, FUN!

***

As for the hair cut, I'm loving it!! As far as putting a picture on my blog, well, you'll just have to wait. I'm sure I'll be posting a few photos from this weekend and you can see it then. But don't hold me to that!!

***

Okay. I'm off to make my house somewhat presentable for the girls. Gotta go!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 8:29 PM :: 14 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------