Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Losing Weight And Other Inconveniences


As you might know, I've been on Weight Watchers for a month or so now and I'm having success. Very sssslllloooowwwww success, but success nonetheless. I'll do really well counting my points for a week or so and then there's this party and that picnic and another get together and the points go to pot. But the weight is still on it's way down and not up - so while I prefer the 1.5 pound a week loss, I'll take .5 over nothing.

I'm in a bit of a pickle right now, though. My pants are starting to get a tad bit big. Which is great! But the next size down (and I have a closet full) is still more tight than I'm comfortable with. Which means I really need to watch the points and be sure to get my exercising in so I can get back into the next size down. Which also means Katie needs to stop baking yummables like the french vanilla cupcakes with double chocolate chip frosting she made tonight. So what if I bought the stuff for her to make it? I thought I had more willpower, but the smell was so delicious I couldn't stop myself from eating one very small cupcake. Or maybe two. But they were small!

Yesterday was a joyous food day for me. You know how I was late getting to work because of all the running around I had to do before my morning really even started, right? Well I grabbed a Fiber One bar and my coffee on the way out, but totally forgot to take something for lunch. Since I was late getting in I didn't really feel like leaving to get something and I just worked through lunch. Katie was on her field trip and Todd was in Tulsa so it was only Taylor and me for dinner. At 3:00 I texted him and asked what he wanted for dinner. He said Chick-Fil-A. For myself I ordered a charcoal grilled chicken wrap with fat free honey mustard and a small Cookies N' Cream milkshake. And I went to bed with two points to spare! I don't recommend foregoing lunch all the time, but it's worth it for one of those treats every now and again!!

Today I did okay - not great, but not terrible. And I did get a fairly decent walk in. Tomorrow, however, is another day. Another chance for me to do great! I WILL be in that next size by the end of June! Oh wait. That's only two more weeks. Hmph. That might be pushing it. How about by the end of July!! Yeah. That's the ticket!

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 9:21 PM :: 10 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------