Jenster's Musings

Friday, January 15, 2010

Just Another Friday Night

Yikes! It's been a week since my last real post so I HAVE to post something tonight. I guess I'll just tell you what's going on at the moment. Kind of like Live Stream Blogging. (Is that a term?)

There's a Counting Crows concert on TV so Todd and I are watching that whilst playing working on our computers. Alright. I just glanced over at his computer and he really is working. Whatever. I'm sitting in the chair with one leg propped up on the ottoman. Sookie had been sleeping up there with her head on my ankle, but she had a bad dream or something, twitched and then nearly fell off. The way she looked at me made me think she might be blaming me. She's no longer on the ottoman.

Taylor is hanging out with Kristen and another couple tonight and Katie is skiing in Vermont. Lucky little thing! Her good friend invited her to go with her family up to Northern Vermont for a long weekend. Her friend is an excellent snowboarder and this is Katie's first time skiing. Apparently she loves it. Boy am I glad because we rented her skis for the season and I bought her a really nice pair of ski pants. We live about 10 minutes from the local ski mountain so now I know we'll get our money's worth.

She and I went to the ski shop last week to rent her equipment and outfit her for skiing. It was the first time I'd been in a ski shop in probably 23 years and I forgot how much I love them. It also made me remember just how much I loved to ski many moons ago. Next year, baby. I'm skiing next year.

Because Katie is allergic to peanuts and peanut butter I try not to buy foods with possible peanut products simply because I don't think it's fair for us to eat something in front of her that she can't. But since she's gone for five nights I went hog wild at the store Wednesday afternoon. Peanut butter Chex Mix, toffee peanuts, Nutter Butter Cream Wafers, Sweet & Salty peanut bars, and peanut butter whoopee pies. I tried to stop myself but I couldn't. I do think I'll be so over peanuts and peanut butter by the time Monday rolls around, though. Just in time to start eating healthy. Right??

Todd is now playing on Wii Frisbee and I think I'll go put the clothes on my bed away. In fact I think I'll let him wait up for Taylor and I'll go to bed and read for a bit. Yeah. That's what I'm gonna do!

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 9:47 PM :: 3 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------