Jenster's Musings

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My Kind of Christmas



I stole this from Stacy. Feel free to steal it from me!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
How about egg nog IN hot chocolate. YUM!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Usually just sits them under the tree.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I like white, but the rest of the family likes colored. I try to remember it’s not about me, so… they’re usually white. LOL

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
You betcha!

5. When do you put your decorations up?
I start after Thanksgiving and am still working on it a few days before Christmas.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Probably sweet potato casserole. Which is a lot like dessert. But we eat it with the meal, so technically it’s not a dessert. So yeah. Sweet potato casserole.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Dressing up in a pretty long dress my mom had made, warming my hands in a white faux fur muff and going to the Christmas Eve service at church. Very happy memories.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I have no earthly idea.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Absolutely!!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
I let the kids do it.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
We’ll see. Whenever we had snow in Arkansas I loved it. But it wasn’t very often, so we’ll see how I like it this year in Pennsylvania. Hoping for a white Christmas this year – my very first.

12. Can you ice skate?
I used to. One of the very few things I was better than Todd at!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I’ve gotten so many great Christmas gifts over the years that it’s hard to pick which was my favorite.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Trying to keep the real reason for the holiday at the forefront. I love Santa and snowmen and presents and lights and gingerbread houses and pretty decorations as much as the next person. But I would gladly give it all up because none of that has anything to do with why my family celebrates Christmas. Plain and simple, Christmas is when we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. But the holiday has become so overwhelmingly commercialized that it becomes very difficult to maintain the awe and the glory of the miracle we honor. Family and friends run a close second. :o)

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Pecan pie.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
My mother-in-law gets warm, comfy jammies for everyone – sometimes they all matched, other times the guys all matched and the girls all matched. May sound dorky, but I love it!

17. What tops your tree?
Used to be a crystal angel, then a cheesy little angle the kids liked, and now I think we have a star. LOL. I don’t remember!

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
I would be a liar if I said I didn’t like receiving. BUT, I really do like giving more. Makes me feel good. :o)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
O Holy Night.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Neither. Both words are too strong to describe my feelings towards candy canes. More like, “Meh”.

Mused by Jenster :: 8:38 AM :: 4 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------