Jenster's Musings

Friday, November 17, 2006

On The Top Of The World

I've been singing that old Carpenter's song all afternoon. I would deny that I'm old enough to know it, but I've already fessed up to my age. So yes. I was singing it word for word. The reason for this is because today has been a great day.

First of all, it's Friday. Who doesn't like a Friday? It means that I don't have to get up until I'm good and ready tomorrow. It means I don't have to get on the kids to do their homework.

Common conversation with my son after school:

Me - Hurry up and finish your homework.

Him - YOU hurry up and finish my homework.

I know I shouldn't encourage him, but that does make me laugh. I'm creating a monster.

Second, I went to my first Ladies' Bible Study this morning since moving. These women meet on Friday mornings in a home and they were so warm and gracious. And they had FOOD AND COFFEE! I only knew two of the ladies a little bit so I was a bit nervous. But they were nice and funny and I can't wait to go back.

You know how sometimes you start drinking a glass of water and only after do you realize just how thirsty you really were? It was like that for me this morning. I knew I was missing the relationships I left behind in Arkansas and I always enjoyed being involved in women's bible studies. But I had forgotten just how important both were to me. I mean, I can do my own bible study on my own - which I do. But I love the interaction of these like-minded women. It's awesome!

The icing on the cake was an email from my "Adoring Husband" when I got home. A $50.00 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble for my birthday! WOO HOO!!! Now I really need to get those boxes of books out of the garage so I don't end up buying something I already have.

So yeah. It's been a good day.

Mused by Jenster :: 3:58 PM :: 9 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------