Jenster's Musings

Friday, November 10, 2006

Switching Directions


I've been reading Eragon by Christopher Paolini. The kid was a mere teenager when he wrote it and that in itself makes it worth reading. He sucks you in with his imagery and storytelling and I am enjoying the book.

HOWEVER, it's taking me forever to get through it and I don't think it's my lack of time anymore. I can't quite put my finger on it. I find the book entertaining and every time I put it down I want to know what happens next. But I'm just not rivited.

So I'm going to take a break from Eragon for a book or two. And I'm going to start this little vacation with The Lion's Daughter by Loretta Chase.

While I'm looking forward to reading this book - I happen to be a huge Loretta Chase fan - it's really a means to an end, said end being Lord of Scoundrels. I've heard nothing but high praise for this book for the last however many years and my curiosity has finally gotten the better of me. But I can't just start with LOS. I have to read the series in chronological order (as opposed to publishing date order which is not correct reading order, or so I've been told.)

My only hesitation with this plan is that Taylor has been on to me for about three years to read Eragon. So if you all can help me here and not tell him I've put it aside for a few days I would really appreciate it. I'm going to have to be a closet reader, I guess.

ON ANOTHER NOTE

Taylor and I were discussing this the other day and we could use a little help. I've been a Californian, a New Mexican, an Arkansan, and now a Pennsylvanian. What would I be if I lived in New Hampshire?? Anyone know??

Mused by Jenster :: 9:08 AM :: 7 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------